Crazy Collaborative Stories
Here’s what you need:
- 2 or more people . . . you can ask your family or you can call a friend and do it over the phone if you like . . . whatever works!
- Piece of paper and pen or pencil . . . OR a computer or typewriter to write on.
Here’s the challenge:
- Write a collaborative story, one word at a time.
- One person is the ‘writer’. This person writes down the story for everyone and also chooses the first word (you may like to start with a title!) . . . but remember, JUST ONE WORD at a time!
- After the first person chooses a word, then the next person chooses a word, and it circles around giving each person a turn, then it goes back to the first person, and so on. If you’re only two people it’s just a simple back and forth.
- Remember, you don’t have any control over what the other people choose, so you’ll have to adapt and just wait until it’s your turn again. Then and only then can you add another word of your own.
- As for punctuation . . . this is collaborative. Talk to each other and decide as a group when there should be a comma, full stop, etc…
- Decide together when the story is finished. It can be as long or as short as you like! Filling up one whole page can be a nice goal.
- The story will probably be crazy and it might not make any sense at all, but don’t worry! Have fun and let it be wild and wacky.
- Take a photo or make a PDF of your story and post it below!